Home » » Shortest man from the land of tallest mountains (Nepal)

Shortest man from the land of tallest mountains (Nepal)



A 72-year-old man from Nepal who stands at just  54.6 cm (21.5 in)  tall has been named by Guinness World Records as the world’s new shortest living man.
Chandra Bahadur Dangi (all 21.5in of him) takes the record from 59.9 cm (23.5in) Junrey Balawing of the Philippines, who was crowned world’s shortest man last June.

Weighing 14.5kg Dangi has spent his entire life in the remote Nepalese mountain village of Rhimkholi, about 250 miles west of Kathmandu.

It was only after being spotted by a forest contractor cutting timber in the remote village that the little 72-year-old was brought to the attention of Guinness World Records which invited him to London to be measured.


In accordance with Guinness World Records guidelines, Chandra was measured three times in 24 hours (at the CIWEC Clinic Travel Medicine Center in Lainchaur) and his height confirmed to be 54.6 cm (21.5 in).

Speaking of the record Dangi said: "I’m very happy that I’m being recognized by Guinness World Records and that my name will be written in book.  It’s a big thing for my family, my village and my country.  I am very happy.

Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief, Craig Glenday, said: "I’m continually amazed that this record keeps getting broken.

"Just when you think it’s impossible for the record to get any smaller, Mr Chandra comes along and astonishes us all by being the shortest person ever measured.

"What I find equally remarkable is his age – if he really is 72, he is by far the oldest person to be awarded the shortest-man record in Guinness World Record’s 57-year history."


View more photos Here

Search This Blog

Follow us on Google+